Turn Back the clock with Thermage
Are you doing 100's of tummy crunches with little or no effect?
Post pregnancy tummy getting you down?
No longer recognise the face staring back at you when you look in the mirror?
At Eternel Clinic we have the answer - Thermage
When it comes to skin tightening and contouring, some people want the dramatic results of surgery. Others want a more gradual, natural looking result of a non-invasive treatment, with little or no downtime. That is why patients choose Thermage. It helps improve skin tone, texture and tightness for a younger looking appearance – and does so in one easy treatment. So easy that you can get the procedure in your lunch hour and quickly return to work, family or other activities looking and feeling great.
How does it work?
The skin is made up of three distinct layers:
- The epidermis- the visible outer surface.
- The dermis – the collagen rich layer beneath the surface.
- Subcutaneous tissue – the ‘fat layer' beneath the dermis that has a web of collagen fibres running through it.
The collagen in the dermis and subcutaneous tissue is a protein that keeps the skin youthful and tight. However as we age and get more sun exposure, the collagen simply breaks down faster than the body can rebuild it, which causes the skin to start to sag or wrinkle.
In response to collagen breakdown, there are many other treatments available that operate by heating the inner layers of the skin. However unlike most that heat the superficial skin layers, Thermage uses unique radiofrequency (RF) technology to reach deep into the dermis and subcutaneous tissue to cause tightening in the layers that matter most.
- Deep heating- the deep heating of Thermage helps tighten the collagen in the dermis and subcutaneous tissue, while also stimulating the formation of new collagen. As a result you will see tighter, smoother skin and improved tone and texture, starting immediately and continuing in the months following treatment.
- Integrated cooling -at the same time Thermage heats the deep layers, it also cools the epidermis, keeping the surface of the skin safe during the procedure. As a result the skin needs no recovery time, so you can quickly resume your daily routine.
- All from one single treatment -best of all, only one Thermage treatment is required to get results. In fact, as it heats so deeply, Thermage is the only non-invasive procedure that helps tighten and contour the skin in a single treatment with no downtime.
Is it for you?
Thermage is an easy way to turn back the clock on ageing skin – on all skin colours, face and body. If you suffer from any of the following, please book a consultation to find out how Thermage can work for you.
- Sagging skin
- Loose jowls or lack of definition in jaw line
- Sagging skin under the chin
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the mouth, eyes or forehead
- Lack of definition in lips
- Tired looking eyes
- Excess skin on the upper eyelid (also known as hooding)
- Crepey texture of eyelids
- Wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes
- Wrinkles, crepey or sagging skin on the tummy, knees, arms, legs, hands or buttocks
- Sagging skin or unwanted bulges after pregnancy or weight loss
- Love handles
What to expect
After the Clinic Doctor has completed a comprehensive consultation with you the Thermage treatment can begin. Treatment for the face is around 45 minutes and up to 90 minutes for other parts of the body depending on size, location and condition of the area to be treated.
During the procedure, a handheld device is pressed against the skin to safely deliver heat to the inner layers, at the same time cooling the surface of the skin. Each time the device touches the skin, you will feel a brief cooling sensation, followed by a deep but brief heating sensation, followed by another cooling sensation. The heating sensation is a sign that the deep layers of the skin are reaching effective temperatures for tightening. Throughout the procedure, the Doctor will ask for feedback on the level of heat sensation to help balance your comfort with maximum results. After treatment the skin may be slightly red, but most people resume regular activities immediately after treatment. There is no recovery time or special follow-up care.
Is it safe?
Thermage has an excellent safety record. Not only have 500,000 patients received treatment in over 80 different countries, Thermage has over 50 patents for advanced technology and has the longest history of safe and effective radiofrequency treatments. In other words, when you get a Thermage treatment you can feel confident you are receiving a safe, effective procedure.
How long do results last?
Visible results may be immediate, and they may appear over time in the course of the body's natural collagen rebuilding process. For most patients, measurable tightening and contouring appear gradually in the 2 to 6 months post treatment. Results can last year’s depending on the skin's condition and ageing process.
New Thermage CPT System now available!
We are delighted to announce that we are one of the first clinic in Dubai to have the new revolutionary Thermage CPT system installed.
With its cutting-edge design and its technological improvements, the new Thermage Comfort Pulse Technology (CPT) System represents the latest advance in skin tightening and contouring technology, and creates a treatment that has the capacity to yield incomparable results.
Due to the clever redesign of the treatment tips and the sleek new hand-piece, the heat is more evenly distributed across the treatment area, allowing the Thermage CPT system to heat four times more tissue to therapeutic temperatures than rival technologies. At the heart of the new system is the desire to obtain superior results and guarantee optimum patient comfort. The system’s CPT also disrupts the brain's neural response to improve comfort during treatment.